Tracktest English Certificate
The English language proficiency certificate confirms the successfully completed English exam at a certain CEFR level.Certificate formats ↓
Certificates are provided by Tracktest English Assessment, a global provider of English tests and an institutional affiliate of the Association of Language Testers in Europe.
Core and Complete tests
Standard certificates are provided for each level test successfully completed via the Tracktest platform.
Standard tests are provided with the maximum flexibility “as is“, i.e. without the time limit, identity verification, and online proctoring by Tracktest Assessment.
If the test is delivered via the local organization (displayed at the bottom of the certificate), they can provide their own on-site invigilation.
Core and Complete tests
Verified certificates have the same tasks and test construct as the standard tests but are more suitable for the higher-stake application thanks to the added security layer:
- The test-taker’s identity is verified with the provided ID or passport. The name and profile photo from the certificate needs to match the information from the ID document.
- The test is taken in a proctored environment. Tracktest records test-takers and their actions during the whole test session with the camera to ensure that only they and not somebody else took the test.
Core test vs Complete test
The Core test is the detailed assessment of receptive skills: Grammar (Use of English), Reading and Listening. You need to answer at least 65% questions correctly to pass the level and get the English Core certificate.
You obtain the Complete test certificate if you add the test of productive skills- Speaking and Writing to your Core test. You need to achieve an overall score of at least 65% with none of your sub-scores (Core, Speaking, Writing) below 44%.
Tracktest English Certificate includes:
- (Optional) Picture of the test-taker- only for the Verified exams
- Name of Examinee
- Type of the language exam- the Core test (receptive skills) or the Complete test (all receptive and productive skills)
- English CEFR Proficiency Level (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2) and level description
- Partial result (below the level, meets the level, above the level) for each receptive skill- Grammar/Use of English, Reading and Listening comprehension
- (Optional) Speaking&Writing result – only for the Complete test.
- Test ID and validation QR code– Test ID is a unique reference number of your English certification exam. If you have any questions regarding the results or English tests, you can use this number as a reference for the communication with Tracktest. It can be used also for checking the validity of the certificate at app.tracktest.eu/certificate or via the provided QR code.
- (Optional) Provided via– The organisation or institution administering the test. If not listed, the exam was provided directly through Tracktest.
More details, feedback and most prevalent mistakes are provided in the test report.
Test reports are generated in pdf format for all completed tests (even those not successful). The test report provides additional details and feedback on test-taker’s performance, such as net time spent, scores for all test sections, and grammar categories that should be improved (Prepositions, Conditionals, and Vocabulary in our example).
For the Complete test, comments from our raters on oral and writing performance are added to the second and third pages of the Test report.
Frequently asked questions about the certificates
The C2 certificate (Proficiency) is the highest of the six levels you can achieve.
The B2 level certificate (Upper-Intermediate) is the most demanded as it is the minimum level proving the “active command of the English language”.
For the Core test certificate, you need to achieve 65% or more of the correctly answers questions.
For the Complete test certificate, your total score has to be at least 65% with none of your sub-scores (Core, Speaking, Writing) below 44%.
We provide the online validity checker on our website: https://app.tracktest.eu/certificate. You can access the certificate online if you know the name and Test ID number. For quick access, you can also point your phone camera at the certificate’s QR code.
Only the English certificates found in our database are valid.
You input the wrong details or we do not hold your account data and test results anymore.
We take your private information seriously so we delete the inactive Tracktest accounts that have not logged in during the last 2 years.
You are notified one month in advance so you can extend the validity free of charge, just by login into your account.*
* note that different rules may apply if your tests have been provided via an organization (company or school)
A digital pdf version of your certificate is included in all licenses and is fully valid. However, if you or the accepting authority requires the printed stamped original, you can order the optional service Paper certificate by post where we print, stamp, and send you the certificate by post.